Help & FAQ
Please read all of the terms and conditions listed below before booking as they make up your agreement with us, together with the information supplied on our website and in our brochure.
- Bookings – Please note that we cannot take bookings from any persons under the age of 18.
- Confirmations – Always check your booking confirmation. Subject to clause 28, we are unable to accept responsibility for any misunderstandings or errors arising. Your confirmation is our understanding of your booking. Bookings and amendments can only be made in the name and address of the person staying.
- Information – We aim to ensure that all brochure information is correct at the time of going to print, however (subject to clause 28) we cannot accept responsibility for any errors. Photographs are intended as a guide only and accommodation or facilities may vary from those shown as they are not identical at all parks. We close some facilities between 1 December and 28 February: please ask at the time of booking about any facilities which are important to you.
- Pricing – We reserve the right to alter or amend our published prices, so long as you are notified before booking. The price of your accommodation will be set out at the time we confirm your booking and this will not change unless you make any amendments to your holiday or tax rates change. Prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rate and we reserve the right to change the pricing to reflect any change in the rate of VAT or if any new taxes, levies or duties are imposed on your holiday. Please claim any special offers or discounts at the time of booking. They cannot be applied retrospectively and do not work in conjunction with one another. All discounts and special offers are subject to availability, their own terms & conditions and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Deposits and Balance Payments – The following deposit and balance payments are required. If these are not adhered to, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. For any bookings under £100.00, the full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Lodge, Caravan, Apartment & Bungalow Bookings – A deposit of £100.00 per booking per week is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due 10 weeks before the arrival date. If it is less than 10 weeks until the arrival date, the full amount is required upfront at the time of booking.
- Glamping Bookings – A deposit of £60.00 per booking per week is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due 10 weeks before the arrival date. If it is less than 10 weeks until the arrival date, the full amount is required upfront at the time of booking.
- Touring & Camping Bookings – A deposit of £40.00 per booking per week is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due 10 weeks before arrival for Touring/Motorhome bookings and 28 days before arrival for Camping bookings. If it is less than 10 weeks / 28 days until the arrival date, the full amount is required upfront at the time of booking.
- Amendments – If you book directly with WDLH, then you may make changes to your booking 21 days or more before your arrival but this will incur an admin charge of £25 each time, plus any increase in the cost of the holiday. If you book via an Online Travel Agent, then you may make only ONE change to your booking. No changes can be made to any booking less than 21 days before your arrival date. You may wish to consider purchasing travel insurance – see clause 8.
- Cancellations and Refunds – Your booking is a legally binding contract. In the event of cancellation or curtailment, we will retain any payments you have made to us until we establish whether or not it is possible to rebook your accommodation / pitch. If it is not possible to do so, or is only possible at a reduced fee, we will retain all or part of your payment to compensate us for our loss and we may ask for further payment to cover any balance. If we exercise our rights in clauses 10 and 31 to end your booking early, then you will only be entitled to a refund in accordance with clause 7 i.e. to the extent we are able to rebook your accommodation / pitch.
- Insurance – We strongly recommend that you take advantage of insurance to cover your booking and a leaflet will be enclosed with your confirmation. Alternatively, visit guestfirst.co.uk.
During Your Holiday
- Arrival & Departure – Please report to the Park Reception to check in and collect your keys. Check in for Lodge, Caravan, Apartment, Bungalow and Glamping bookings is from 4:00pm on the day of your arrival. Check out is by 10:00am on the day of your departure and please return keys to the Park Reception. Check in for Touring & Camping bookings is from 2:00pm on the day of your arrival and check out is by 11:00am on the day of your departure.
- Arrivals – If you have not arrived and we have not heard from you by 9:00am on the day after your arrival date, we reserve the right to re-let the Holiday Home or Pitch. Any refund will be calculated in accordance with clause 7.
- Early Check in & Late Check Outs – Please note we do not allow early check ins or late departures on any Holiday Accommodation. Late check outs are available on Touring & Camping bookings until 3:00pm, during low and mid season only, excluding bank holidays. A £10.00 charge applies and this can only be booked over the phone or in person at the Park Reception.
- Complaints – In the unlikely event that you have any cause for complaint or suggestion during your stay, please let a member of the Reception Team or Management know. Bringing your complaint to our attention during your stay gives us the opportunity to investigate and resolve any problem. As we can only use the evidence which is available to us when you tell us, your complaint may be prejudiced if you do not tell us until you depart. If you feel your reported matter has not been resolved during your stay and would like further feedback and discussion on the issue, please send an email to email@example.com. We encourage you to do this within 7 days of leaving, if possible, to give us and you the best chance of a resolution.
- Behaviour – The Parks are family Parks and therefore the co-operation of visitors will be expected in that they will not do, or allow to be done, anything which is detrimental to the quiet enjoyment or comfort of other people staying on the Parks. If your behaviour is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate, then clause 31 applies. In some cases you may be asked to leave immediately and no refund will be issued. You must comply with speed limits, parking and other traffic regulations whilst on Park.
- Smoking – It is illegal to smoke or use e-cigarettes inside enclosed public buildings. Outdoor smoking areas are provided. You MUST also refrain from smoking or using e-cigarettes in any holiday accommodation, though we cannot guarantee that any accommodation has always been smoke-free. If you are found to be smoking in public buildings or holiday accommodation, you may be charged a £75.00 cleaning fee. Again clause 31 applies and you may be asked to leave immediately and no refund for your holiday will be issued.
Hire Accommodation only
- Hire Accommodation
- Linen & Towels – Linen is provided and made up on all beds in Lodges, Apartments and Bungalows. Linen Packs are provided in all Caravan Holiday Homes and will be in the accommodation for your arrival but not made up. Towels and tea towels are included only with Lodge, Apartment and Bungalow bookings and these are for use within the accommodation and should not be taken off the Park.
- Dogs – Dogs are only allowed in the designated dog friendly Lodges, Caravans and Bungalows and are not allowed on the furniture or soft furnishings. Dog beds are provided in Lodges. There is a maximum of 2 dogs per booking allowed. We make no charge for guide / assistance dogs and they do not count against the limits on dog numbers. We may ask you for reasonable evidence of your dog’s status, such as your Assistance Dogs ID Book. Dogs are charged at £40.00 each per week or £30.00 each for short breaks. If you take a pet into Hire Accommodation that is not allocated as dog friendly, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80.00 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation and/or asked to find alternative accommodation for your pet.
- Cots and Highchairs – Subject to availability, Cots and Highchairs can be hired at a charge of £15.00 per booking each and must be requested at the time of booking. Cot bedding is not supplied.
- Extras – Passes for unlimited use of Highlands End Leisure Club are complimentary for all Lodge and Apartment bookings at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks. This includes use of the swimming pool, sauna & steam room (over 18s only) and the pitch ‘n’ putt course.
- Cars – Most of our Hire Accommodation has 1 or 2 allocated parking spaces, while others involve parking in a nearby car park. Instructions will be provided upon arrival. Please advise upon booking if you wish to bring more than 1 car, or have any guests visiting during your stay.
- Damages – You are held responsible for the contents of the Holiday Accommodation whilst it is in your possession. If you leave the accommodation in a messy or untidy state, you will be charged for the extra cleaning at an hourly rate of £22.00. All damages or losses are chargeable and should be reported to the Park Reception before your departure or you will be sent an invoice. Only 1 key is supplied per holiday accommodation and there is a £10.00 charge for lost keys. For any lost property, please contact the Park Reception as soon as possible as any lost property will be disposed of after 1 month.
- Number in your party – The total number in your party must not exceed the maximum capacity of the Holiday Accommodation, as advertised.
- Refuse & Recycling – All refuse and recycling must be placed in the bins located on the Park.
Touring, Camping & Glamping only
- Touring, Camping & Glamping
- How to Pitch – To comply with Health & Safety and fire regulations, you must pitch according to the instructions on the park map given to you on your arrival. We have a limited number of pitches for very large units. If your touring caravan, motorhome or RV exceeds 7.5m x 4.5m, please call the bookings team on 01308 426947 to check we have a suitable pitch available. If you pitch incorrectly, you will be asked to move. Gazebos are permitted or not permitted at the park’s discretion and in relation to forecasted weather conditions.
- Allocation – Specific pitches cannot be reserved, but, every effort will be made to arrange neighbouring pitches for families who wish to be together (as long as they are all booked on the same pitch type, in the same area of the park). However, as pitches are selected upon arrival, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Extras – Prices for Touring & Camping are based on 2 adults, 1 car and 1 unit. There are extra charges for additional adults, children, cars and dogs, which vary by season. There are allocated dog friendly Premier Camping Pods and Safari Tents, with a maximum of 1 dog per booking. Extra charges of £25 per dog per week or £15 per dog per short break applies.
- Weather – Subject to clause 29, WDLH accepts no responsibility for any damage to tents, awnings and vehicles due to adverse weather conditions. Warnings of forecasted adverse weather will be available at the Park reception and where possible we try to arrange alternative pitches / parks, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Linen – Bedding & Linen is included and made up for your arrival in Safari tents. In Premier Camping Pods, Classic Camping Pods and Stargazer Bell Tents, this is not included but Bedding & Linen Packs can be added for £16.50 per double bed and £12.50 per single bed. These must be pre-booked and the pack will be in your accommodation for your arrival, but beds are not made up. Alternatively, you can bring your own bedding, sleeping bags, pillows etc.
- Dogs – If you take a pet into Glamping Accommodation that is not allocated as dog friendly, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80.00 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation and/or asked to find alternative accommodation for your pet.
- Refuse & Recycling – All refuse and recycling must be placed in the bins located on the Park.
On the Parks
- Dogs – Dogs must be kept on leads at all times while on the Parks, with the exception of the enclosed dog exercising areas at Highlands End, Graston Copse and Larkfield Holiday Parks. Dogs must not be left unattended at any times on the parks or in cars / holiday accommodation. All dog fouling on the Park must be cleared up and bins are provided around the parks for this purpose. Subject to clause 27, no liability can be accepted for damage or injury caused by them. We do not allow any dangerous breeds as per the Dangerous Dog Act 1991. No other pets are permitted, unless agreed at the time of booking.
- Vehicles – The Parks have a speed limit of 10mph, which is strictly enforced. Traffic movements are restricted after 11:00pm to minimise disturbance on the Parks. We do not permit the use of any non-road legal motorised vehicles e.g. mini scooters, quad bikes etc. All vehicles on the Parks must be taxed, insured and have passed MOT regulations. All motoring laws which apply to the highway, also apply on the Parks. Please take care and do not drive on the grass during wet weather or the winter period.
- Wifi – Wifi is available on all of our Holiday Parks and is free of charge at Sandyholme Holiday Park and in Lodges and Apartments at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks. Our wifi is very restricted due to our rural location and is not for streaming. The service may not be the same as you are used to at home. Please ensure you can view the login page before purchasing wifi from your Park reception as this service is only refundable for any full day on which the Park’s wifi service is not accessible by any users on the Park.
- Facilities – All facilities are open from 1st March to 30th November but open times may be restricted outside of these dates.
- Retail outlets – anyone who appears to be under 25 years old will be asked to provide photographic identification in our retail outlets if necessary. We only accept passports and photo driving licence as forms of ID. Parents and guardians are responsible for ensuring that anyone under their care under the age of 18, does not consume alcohol on the Park.
- Highlands End Leisure Club – The Leisure Club is open to holidaymakers staying at any WDLH Park. Other than holidaymakers staying in Lodges or Apartments at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks, there are extra charges for use of the Leisure Club. The Leisure Club rules must be adhered to, which can be viewed at the Reception. The sauna and steam rooms can be used by over 18s only and a parent/guardian permission form must be filled out to allow 15 to 18 year olds to swim without supervision. Children under the age of 15 must be supervised by an adult swimmer but please note there is no spectator area and 1 adult can supervise up to 3 children. We do not employ lifeguards. Please see the opening times for the adult-only swim times.
- Martin’s Bar & Restaurant – Rooms within the Bar & Restaurant are sometimes reserved for private functions. The management reserves the right to suspend or change the opening times and entertainment without prior notice. The outdoor play area is for children aged 5 to 14. The Little Fire Station Soft Play is for children aged 6 or under, who must also be under 130cm tall. Charges apply and the rules can be found at Martin’s Bar & Restaurant. Only alcohol and food purchased in the Bar & Restaurant can be brought into the building.
- Fires & BBQs – There are strictly no fire pits or open fires on any of our Parks. Disposable BBQs must not be used on holiday accommodation decking. They must be raised off the ground using bricks, which are available on the Parks, and safely located in accordance with any instructions we give you. The use of fireworks and lanterns on the Parks is strictly forbidden.
- Safety – When you arrive, please ensure you read the safety advice about the West Dorset coastline. Please note that for your security, CCTV is operated on the Parks at key locations. Parents/guardians must ensure that children using bicycles, scooters, skate boards, roller skates &/or other similar equipment must wear a helmet at all times and not use the equipment in prohibited areas.
- Photography & filming – Other than members of the WDLH team, the use of drones on our Parks is not permitted, in accordance with the Drone Code issued by the Civil Aviation Authority. Drones must not take off or land on land owned by West Dorset Leisure Holidays and must not be flown within 50 metres of people, vehicles or buildings. We regularly take photographs and videos for promotional purposes and we occasionally receive requests from third parties to film on the park. Should you not wish to appear in any material, please pay attention to the notices we put up when pictures are being taken. Whilst we cannot guarantee to avoid taking photographs at particular times or in particular places (subject to clause 24), it is also helpful to let the Park Reception know.
- Limitations – Photography in the children’s play areas, Highlands End Leisure Club and the Little Fire Station Soft Play is prohibited.
- Customer Access – If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff at any time. For your benefit, we have customer assistance packs at all Park Receptions, as well as in Martin’s Bar & Restaurant and Highlands End Leisure Club. These contain useful items to assist you, such as large print menus, pen, paper and magnifying glasses. Our Access Statement is also available on our website. Some Holiday Accommodation may be more suitable for those with disabilities – please speak to our Bookings Team on 01308 426947.
- Site Licence – You must observe the conditions of the Site Licence, a copy of which is available in every Park Reception.
- Exclusions – Neither WDLH nor any employee servant or agent shall be liable for any loss of, or loss or damage to any property including tents, awnings, motor vehicles and motorcycles or the like or any death, injury, loss or other damage, directly or indirectly sustained by or occasioned to any person, unless caused by our negligence.
- Negligence – No clause in this contract shall limit our liability for damage or loss caused by our negligence.
- Liability – We shall not be liable to you for any Force Majeure Event. For every day on which a Force Majeure Event means you are unable to stay with us, we may choose to either give you a pro rata refund or allow you to book another day’s holiday with us without charge.
- Force Majeure Events – A Force Majeure Event means any circumstance affecting our business which is not within our reasonable control including, without limitation:
(a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
(b) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident;
(c) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors;
(d) interruption or failure of utility service.
- Termination – If you commit a material breach of these Terms & Conditions, which is not capable of remedy, then we may cancel your booking on such notice, if any, as is reasonable. A material breach of the quiet enjoyment or comfort of other people staying on the Parks is one example of such a case. If you commit any other breach of these Terms & Conditions which is capable of remedy then we may give you a written notice to remedy the breach within such time as is reasonable in the circumstances. If you fail to do so, we may then cancel your booking on such notice, if any, as is reasonable.
- Interpretation – “WDLH” is short for West Dorset Leisure Holidays, the trading name for West Dorset Leisure Holidays Limited, Highlands End Farm Caravan Park Ltd, Graston Copse Holiday Park Ltd, Sandyholme Holiday Park Ltd and any associated companies.